Exhibitions, open-air cinemas, theater plays, dancing performances, music, parties. There are plenty of things an EFL teacher can do in Barcelona in July. Here you have the MUST do things you can’t miss!
MUSIC, FESTIVALS & EVENTS: Teachers spend many hours a day working on their classes while they listen to their favourite music. But it’s July and you live in Barcelona, so get a little bit of fresh air and let’s find out all the events that this amazing city has to offer!
- Música als Parcs: Every year music takes over some green spaces in Barcelona. You can’t miss the opportunity to listen to these young musicians with great talent who will entertain these warm summer evenings.
- Jazz al Terrat: Boogie, woogie, jazz, groove, rhythm & blues, soul, jazz, funk… The Museu d’Història de Catalunya hosts a series of concerts on their superb terrace overlooking Port Vell.
- Wet Deck: At the W Hotel in the heart of Barceloneta the ‘Wet Deck Summer Series’ brings an open-air party where you will find a fusion of cocktails, a vibrant atmosphere and beautiful views over the Mediterranean sea.
- Summer nights at La Pedrera: Still struggling to find the magical summer night in the city? Try this unique experience with live jazz concerts on the rooftop terrace while you have an amazing view of Barcelona.
- Drinks with a view: Time Out Barcelona has a very interesting article about the best rooftop bars in the city.
- Guiri business drinks: This group meets once a month to facilitate networking among professional expats in Barcelona. This time the event is hosted by Metropolitan Magazine, you can’t miss it!
- Lindy al Parc: Are you in the mood for some swing music? There ae free open-air swing classes in July and August at Parc de la Ciutadella
- Barcelona Beach Festival: It was one of the biggest events in dance music last year and this July it’s coming up with more surprises, are you going to miss it?
- El Grec Festival: This long-standing event brings to Barcelona a huge programme of international theatre, dance, music and circus.
- Hard Rock Raising: Kings of Leon, Robbie Williams, Lenny Kravitz, Avicii, Steve Angelo… they will all play for the first time in Barcelona at this concert event that has already provided great music in the United States and Europe.
- Bona nit Barcelona: Next 18th July this FREE organic festival will take place at Plaça de les Glòries.The Norwegian band Kakkmaddafakka will headline the line-up this year.
- Piknic Electronik: Do you want to have a picnic slightly different to what you are used to? Don’t miss the next Piknic Electronik every Sunday at Jardins de Joan Brossa in Montjuïc.
- Björk: On 24th July Iceland’s eccentric ice Queen will land in Barcelona.
- Mark knopfler: Any excuse is good to get a ticket to see this music legend.
- Yann Tiersen: You had probably listened to him in films such as Amélie or Goodbye Lenin! Now you can enjoy of one of his live concerts in July.
- Festa major del Raval: Every district has its own local parties. It’s time for Raval in July. It’s to warm to stay in, so have a look at the programme and make the most of this week in Barcelona!
FILMS: The ideal plan for a lazy evening has always been a film and some popcorn, but… wait! Why don’t you get a bunch of friends and spend a nice evening at the open-air cinemas in Barcelona? There’s a big range of classics coming up this July. Get your hands off your books and explore the multiple opportunities! Here you have our top three open-air cinemas!
- Cinema a la platja: The sea, Barcelona, some friends, summer nights and a film? What else can a teacher ask for?
- Sala Montjuïc: Do you fancy watching a classic surrounded by the wall of the ancient walls of Montjuïc castle? Grab your dinner and a blanket and get ready for a lovely evening!
- Nits de película al Cosmocaixa: Summer nights start at dawn. Every Wednesday in July and August you will have the chance to enjoy theater plays, poetry, dancing, music with a very special touch.
BCN FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW: Every time a friend comes over you want to show him Barcelona from the highest place, so I guess you will take your friends to Tibidabo. But there are other places not that far away that you can easily reach by public transport.
- La Carretera de les Aigües: Are you preparing a 10k race or do you want to strech your legs while admiring all the beauty that Barcelona can offer? You can’t miss La Carretera de les Aigües, one of the best spots of the city. Forget about running along Diagonal stopping every now and then because of the traffic lights. As soon as you get to La Carretera de les Aigües you will never be able to run in the city. Be careful, it’s addictive!
- Bunkers: Do you think that the view from Tibidabo is the best one you can get? You’re totally wrong! This location has the best 360º view of Barcelona. Tip: get up early in the morning to enjoy one of the nicest sunrises you’ve ever seen.
SPORTS: It’s July and you need some refreshing ideas for your lessons. Well, the best thing an EFL teacher can do is to sunbathe on these city swimming pools now open in the summer. You will get rid off all the tourist who land in Barceloneta beach and you will get a tan! Isn’t it a great idea?
Barcelona’s pools with a view: Are you kind of fed up of Barceloneta beach? Here you have a suggestion of the best public swimming pools in the city: Piscina Municipal de Montjuïc, El llac de la Creueta del Coll, Jardins de la Torre de Les Aigües, CNAB Club Natació Atlétic Barceloneta, CEM Parc de la Ciutadella, Llac Can Dragó, Zona de banys del Fòrum, Can Caralleu