At Oxford TEFL we are committed to providing our graduates with the best support possible. In fact, this is one of the reasons we are chosen by teachers. We have a consistently good track record in helping our graduates secure that first great job, as well as providing lifetime TEFL careers support. We’ve helped our graduates find work all over the world since 1998. We want you not only to find a job, but the best possible job you can in the location you choose.
Here’s what we can do to help:
- Help you get visas and work permits if you need them. As an EU citizen, you will not require a visa or work permit to work in EU countries (Spain/Czech Republic/UK etc., where our courses take place). If you are a non-EU citizen and want to work in these locations, we will offer you support and advice about the process required to get legal.
- Help you to write your TEFL CV/Resume. You can even send it to us before you start your course to get a head start. Don’t worry if you’ve never taught before – we’ll show you how to make your past experience relevant to your job search.
- Prepare you for interviews. During the course, you will have a dedicated session to prepare you for interviews. You will discuss various questions you will likely be asked with your peers and the Careers Advisor. We’ll also go over the interview “dos and don’ts”, what to take with you and what to ask potential employers.
- Put you in contact with our graduates for advice and support on job markets around the world. With over three thousand graduates (and counting), that’s quite a lot of jobs, experiences, classrooms, visa applications, culture shock and weird food! We will be happy to put you in touch with graduates who have first-hand experience in the locations you are looking at.
- Send out your CV. In our course locations, we have direct contact with employers and are regularly in touch with them. We will send out your CV to them and share the list of contacts with you. For other locations, we are happy to put you in touch with language schools worldwide.
- Recommend teaching online companies. We have first hand experience teaching English online and we are also able to recommend some of the best companies and agents to work for; whether you plan to teach English online as your main job, or simply to supplement your existing income.
- Help you find private students. We’ll give you tips on how to find students for one-to-one or group classes, as well as provide advice on how to manage them. There are websites, social media groups, forums and other locations where you can place an advertisement to teach private classes. Networking with former Oxford TEFL graduates is also a good source of private classes.
- Keep you informed about TEFL vacancies. New job offers from around the globe are frequently posted on our Facebook Jobs page. During the course we’ll also let you know whenever there are job openings locally.
- Help you prepare for demo lessons. Many employers ask you to prepare a demo lesson as part of the application process. We are there to support you by helping you plan your lesson and materials. You can use our library and facilities too!
- Write references for you. We are happy to act as referees for you directly after the course, during your first job search or at any point down the line in your career.
- Provide you with a recognised TEFL qualification. A Cambridge or Trinity-accredited certificate from Oxford TEFL will ensure that you generate the maximum interest and respect from employers around the world.