1st Prize: Full Scholarship (worth €2600)
2nd Prize: 50% Scholarship (worth €1300)
Oxford TEFL is very excited to announce its Trinity Dip TESOL scholarship! As well as transforming your teaching, graduates of this course commonly move into other areas of ELT such as becoming a Director of Studies or teacher trainer, writing course books, and even opening their own schools.
If you have been teaching for more than 2 years, then you could develop your skills and open doors into other areas of the ELT profession with this advanced, level 7 qualification in teaching English.
Here are some of the benefits:
- It’s flexible! Study for 6/7 months online and 3 weeks face to face in Barcelona, Prague, Cadiz, Kerala or Hong Kong
- Gain a prestigious, internationally-recognized qualification
- Work in a positive, dynamic and supportive learning environment
- Learn from world class tutors, including Lindsay Clandfield, Scott Thornbury, Ceri Jones, Duncan Foord and Nicola Meldrum
- Transform your teaching and gain new skills
Here’s how you participate:
Step 1: Make a video (maximum 1 minute) answering the question: “What makes a great ELT teacher?” (you can use your phone, camera or any other device)
Step 2: Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8th January
Step 3: Check our Oxford TEFL Facebook page on Monday 15th January to find out if you are one of our 10 finalists. Entries will be judged by our expert panel: Duncan Foord, Kat Robb and Nicola Meldrum who will select our 10 favourite videos.
If you are one of our 10 lucky finalists, you will be asked to submit a final written task by Monday 22nd January.
For further information about the Trinity DipTESOL course, visit our course page here.
We are pleased to announce our 10 scholarship finalists! Thank you to all those who participated so far in this competition. Our finalists have been chosen based on:
- How well the question was answered
- Clarity of message
- Presentation of video
The finalists are:
Natalia Guerreiro, Martin Cook, Lauren Robinson, Dan Pelka, Mariana Ruiz, Godson Bedeiah, Maya Golikova, Amber Heyer-Rasmussen, Quynh Tran, Hebatallah Morsy
Our finalists are now asked to complete the final stage which is the below written task:
On the diploma you will do some action research where you try something out in your teaching and reflect on it. You will choose an area of teaching that will benefit your development and potentially help other teachers in the same context to develop. In the past people have experimented with integrating more pronunciation into their lessons, they have experimented with groupings and tried new ways of teaching grammar. What would you like to try out in your lessons and why? (300-350 words)
What I would do.
Why I have chosen this area.
How it might help me and other teachers in my context.
Please submit your written task to email@example.com by Monday 22nd January. The winner and runner up will be announced on Friday 26th January.
Congratulations to our winners!
1st Prize: Full Scholarship (worth €2600) – Dan Pelka
2nd Prize: 50% Scholarship (worth €1300) – Quynh Tran
We will be in touch soon to organise your scholarships and thank you to everyone who took part!
Terms and conditions:
- Video entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8th January 2018 to participate.
- Video entries must be a maximum of one minute long and answer the question “What makes a great ELT teacher?”
- Neither the first nor the second prize can be donated or given to another person.
- The second prize cannot be combined with any of our special offers.
- Full payment of the 50% fees for the second prize must be received before the first day of the course.
- Scholarships are only for the Trinity DipTESOL course and cannot be transferred to any of our other courses.
- Scholarships must be commenced in 2018.
- Scholarship winners must pay their own Trinity examination fees.
- Scholarship winners must pay for any costs incurred during the face to face phase of the course (transport, accommodation, living costs).
- Participants must meet the entry requirements for the Trinity DipTESOL course.
- Scholarship winners must complete the application process and provide all necessary paperwork for the course application.
- Participants of this scholarship competition give permission for video entries and written tasks to appear on our blog and social media.