We are excited to announce our 30-hour Online One-to-One Teaching English Online course. This course has been developed for qualified teachers with a desire to provide an excellent service teaching both young learners and adult learners online. Participants of this course will receive personalised one-to-one support from our expert tutor.
Why should you take this course?
There has been a huge demand for English classes online over the last couple of years and preparing to meet this demand has now become one of the top priorities for many ELT teachers. Whether you would like to supplement your income or become a full time online English teacher travelling the world, obtaining the right qualifications will help ensure you start in the best possible way and can compete for some of the best online English companies worldwide.
Once you have obtained a TEFL certification such as the Cambridge CELTA or the Trinity CertTESOL, we highly recommend taking some additional, specialised training in teaching English online. This is because teaching English online can not only pose challenges which even experienced teachers may struggle to overcome, but it can also provide many opportunities for learning and employment.
What will you learn?
This course covers a range of topics including:
- The pros and cons of teaching English online and how to ensure your learners get the most out of an online environment
- How to effectively use software and hardware for live online teaching
- The importance of tutor presence in online courses
- Activity planning, lesson planning and syllabus design for online courses
- Option to focus on either business English online or teaching young learners online, both growth areas in online language instruction
- How you can further your career as an online teacher, even starting your own business teaching online.
Are you suitable for this course?
The Oxford TEFL Teaching English Online course is suitable for you if you are already teaching or you are planning to teach in an online environment. You may be tutoring a student in another country via video conferencing, or supplementing your face-to-face classes with a live online component. Your institution may be preparing to offer online courses and you want to be prepared for the change. It is ideal if you are looking for a way to improve your online teaching, help you plan live lessons and it will give you plenty of practical ideas and practice.
- TEFL certification (from any course provider)
- Access to internet
- Skype/ Whatsapp/ Zoom (for live tutorials with your tutor)
- C1 level of English
- 18+ years of age
Please note that no teaching experience or degree is required in order to be considered for this course.
We are offering a €50 discount off your course fees with the promo code #teachonline when securing your place. Trainees can begin their development course any Friday of the year.
How to enrol:
Step 1: Apply here: Application for Teacher Development course and select your prefered Teacher Deveolpment course and start date.
Step 2: Receive your place offer within 1 working day after we have checked your application.
Step 3: Make payment via our secure payment system.
Start your Online English teaching career by gaining a specialised qualification!