Position: Conference Organiser
Conference location: Barcelona
Start: October 2019
End: June 2020
Part-time: Time commitment to be discussed
During the last five years, we have been successfully co-organising the popular InnovateELT conference alongside ELTJam. InnovateELT conferences bring those working in the ELT industry together to discover what is happening today and engage with what is in store in the future. Attendees are ELT teachers, learners, publishers, EdTech professionals, authors and managers. Each year, we have welcomed 150 – 200 attendees to our events.
Our mission is to make a difference in the ELT industry by providing a platform for attendees to embrace innovation, participate in discussions that matter, provide opportunities for professional growth and come away with practical ways to apply new ideas into their own environments.
If you have worked in ELT / education, are great at working with people and have a flare for organising large events, keep reading!
About the role:
We are looking for an independent, highly motivated and organised person to plan and deliver our next Innovate ELT conference at Oxford TEFL Barcelona taking place on May 16th and 17th 2020. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Designing and releasing call for papers plus input into speaker selection
- Managing website, payment platform and content creation to help drive sales
- Managing (but not necessarily running) social media
- Launching event online and sales planning
- Sourcing and liaising with sponsors
- Designing sponsorship packages and value propositions
- Planning and printing merchandise
- Creating schedules and programme
- Planning and booking external services needed
- Hands-on management of and participation in the nitty-gritty in lead up to the event
- Attending weekly or fortnightly meetings with team members (face to face or online)
- Attending and managing event
- Problem solving on-your-feet and encouraging participation
- Ensuring satisfaction and comfort of all attendees including sponsors and speakers
- Ensuring a flow of event content and participation online throughout the event
- Liaising with other team members and volunteering where necessary
- Set up and closing of event
- Consolidating feedback and reporting to team
- Communicating with sponsors and maintaining satisfaction after event
- Ensuring a flow of event content and participation online up until mid June
- Updating the budget and reporting to team
What we would like:
- At least 2 years’ experience planning and delivering large events
- At least 2 years’ experience working with partners, B2B and B2C sales
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the ELT industry
- At least C1 English.
- You speak Spanish
- You have experience using photoshop or other programs to create print materials
- You have experience running social media platforms for businesses (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
What we can offer you:
- The chance to organise one of the most innovative and enjoyable ELT conferences around!
- Work remotely (aside from the conference days)
- Remuneration: to be discussed
You are the planner, the organiser, the person with your finger on the pulse…you are the one who always knows what’s happening when, where and who should be involved! Despite the hurdles you’ll always endeavour to do your best with a creative and positive approach. You will have a strong head for sales and how to ensure the best outcome for everyone, as well as the ability to get others on board with your vision! You’ll back up these qualities with confident decision-making and the ability to work autonomously as well working as part of a team.
So if this sounds like the role for you then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your CV & covering letter describing the reasons you believe you are a good fit for this role!
Deadline: October 10th 2019.