Visa support service Prague

We can assist you with acquiring a visa to stay and work in Prague

The Czech Republic is one of the easiest countries in Europe to obtain visas to study and work legally. Many of our EU and non-EU trainees apply for the freelance trade license (Zivno). The Zivno is needed by all those who wish to work legally in the Czech Republic.

If you would like to apply for a visa to study or work in Prague, our visa officer, Zlata is on hand to help you obtain your visa and apply for the trading license. This will allow you to work legally in the Czech Republic. As a local of Prague, she is able to speak to you face to face as well as via email or Skype and she understands Czech bureaucracy inside out. Since 2010 Zlata has helped around 100 non-EU citizens every year to obtain their visa to study or work in the Czech Republic. In fact she has a 100% success rate in obtaining visas for those from the U.S, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Do I need a visa?

EU passport holders do not need a visa. If you do not have an EU passport, you will only be allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone on a tourist visa for 90 days. The Schengen Zone includes the Czech Republic and most other EU countries. Citizens from the U.S, Canada, Australia and New Zealand will receive a 90 day tourist visa on arrival, on which they can take the CELTA course. If you are from one of these countries and you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a different visa. This could be the “Study” visa, “Business” visa or “Family Reunification” visa.

If you are a Canadian, Australian or New Zealand citizen, you could be also be entitled to apply for the one year Youth Mobility Visa/ Working Holiday visa.

Check what visa you will need to live, work and study in Prague.

If you are from a country which is not mentioned here, get in touch so that we can advise you on your visa.

What are the most viable options if want to stay longer than 90 days?

Once you decide to stay in the Czech Republic you will have to go through the process of obtaining a legal residency permit or visa depending on your current situation. 

What do I need to provide for my visa?

Every case is different, and Zlata will explain exactly what you will need to provide. Generally speaking, the Czech consulate requires the following:

  • Visa application form
  • Passport-sized photos
  • Valid passport and ID card
  • Letter of acceptance from the school
  • Full payment of your courses
  • Evidence of sufficient funds for the length of your stay
  • Proof of international health insurance
  • Payment of visa application fee
  • A medical certificate and criminal background check
  • If you are from the U.S, a letter from your bank indicating you have sufficient financial means, which is a minimum amount of $4500USD for a 6 month initial visa. If you have more than that, your visa may be approved for a longer time period.

How can Oxford TEFL Prague help me?    

Zlata will guide you step-by-step through the visa process and ensure that the process is as streamlined and stress-free as possible. Our comprehensive visa support includes:

  • Understanding and completing official documents
  • Translations in or from Czech
  • Embassy visits and communication
  • Phone calls to official offices
  • Recommendations for health insurance
  • If you would like to work in the Czech Republic, help obtaining a trading license (Zivno)
  • Anything else you need to navigate Czech bureaucracy
  • Fast replies and unlimited support via email/ telephone/ face to face

We are very accustomed to helping applicants through this process every month, and we have helped many obtain their visas and trading licenses in order to stay in Prague.

Visa service fee: €210

If you are thinking about coming to Prague to take our CELTA courseget in touch to find out more about how we can help you obtain your visa or apply for a course.

Tim Thorp

Visa coordinator