Visa Service in Malaga

We can assist you with acquiring a visa to stay and work in Malaga

Our visa service in Malaga is provided from within the school by our career manager, Vana. She works with our non-EU trainees before, during and after the course to make sure that they get a fast and reliable service, while also keeping costs as low as possible. Vana is always around in the school to help deal with any issues or answer any questions.

Do I require a visa?

Unless you have an EU Passport, you’ll only be allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone on a tourist visa for 90 days. The Schengen Zone includes Spain and most other EU countries. If you plan to stay longer, you need to apply for a different visa.

What are my options?

You have two options:

  • Short-term student visa (4 to 6 months)

The short term student visa does not allow you to do paid work.

  • Long-term student visa (minimum 7 months)

With the long-term student visa, you are eligible to legally work for up to 20 hours per week, which is almost a full time job (24 hours teaching is generally considered full time). In order to apply for a student visa, you need to be enrolled in a course of min 20 hours a week.

We run a Professional Development Course which meets the requirement of 20 hours a week and qualifies as full time study.

Developing Teacher Course

Course objectives

This course is an extension of the training received during our 4-week intensive Trinity CertTESOL course. It provides our graduates with the opportunity to develop their professional skills, fine-tune their strengths, and improve upon weaknesses. In addition, this course includes a Spanish language component.

Course logistics

Students do a combination of self and guided study for at least 20 hours per week. Since most teaching jobs require teachers to work in the evenings, this course takes place in the mornings.

Course components

  • Teaching practice and guided observation with feedback
  • Interactive workshops, created and led by our tutors or by the trainee. Examples are:
    • Teaching real beginners
    • Young learners
    • Business English
    • Cambridge Exam classes
    • Teaching online
  • Teacher Development assignments to reinforce and expand on skills
  • Guided lesson planning
  • Experienced teacher observation
  • Blogging about experiences and relevant topics
  • Administrative training (the paperwork-side of teaching)
    • Maintaining records
    • Keeping a register
    • Writing portfolios
    • Writing reports
  • Spanish classes

Course fee: €120/month

One-off payment: Save €10/month

What do I need to provide for my student visa?

Generally speaking, the Spanish consulate requires the following:

  • Visa application form
  • passport-type photos
  • valid passport and ID card
  • letter of acceptance from the school
  • full payment of your courses
  • evidence of sufficient funds for the length of your stay
  • proof of international health insurance
  • payment of visa application fee
  • a medical certificate and criminal background check (for long-term student visas only)

Can I travel in Europe before or after my student visa?

You may be allowed to travel before your course starts if you ask the consulate at the time of your visa application, but this can usually only be for a few days. However, once your student visa expires it will automatically switch to a 90-day tourist visa to allow you to travel around the Schengen zone.

How can we help you?

We provide a comprehensive Spanish visa support service for an affordable one off fee which includes:

Before you arrive:

  • Step-by-step guidance to apply for a student visa
  • Priority mailing of all documents required at no additional cost (usually 30-50€)
  • Fast replies and unlimited support through email or Skype/phone chats
  • Support filling in all forms for the different processes required
  • Putting you in touch with previous graduates that have completed these processes
  • Recommendations of health insurance for U.S applicants

Once in Spain:

  • Assistance obtaining the Empadronamiento (officially registering your address) as well as applying for the NIE card (foreigner’s ID number) and social security number
  • Translation support and phone calls in Spanish
  • Access to our Careers Service to help you find work


Visa service fee: €100

If you are thinking about coming to Malaga to take our Trinity CertTESOL course or one of our teacher development courses, get in touch to find out more about how we can help you obtain your visa or apply for a course.

Tim Thorp

Visa coordinator