Visa Service in Cadíz

We can assist you with acquiring a visa to stay and work in Cadíz

Our visa service in Cádiz is provided from within the school by our TESOL Administrator, Teresa. This means that Teresa can work with our non-EU trainees before, during and after the course to make sure that they get a fast and reliable service, while also keeping costs as low as possible. Teresa is always around in the school to help deal with any issues or answer any questions.

Do I need a visa?

Unless you have an EU Passport, you’ll only be allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone on a tourist visa for 90 days. The Schengen Zone includes Spain and most other EU countries. If you plan to stay longer, you need to apply for a different visa.

What are the most viable options?

You have two options:

  • Short-term student visa (4 to 6 months)
  • Long-term student visa (minimum 7 months)

With the long-term student visa, you are eligible to legally work for up to 20 hours per week, which is almost a full time job (24 hours teaching is generally considered full time). The short term student visa does not allow you to do paid work. If you decide you would like a long-term student visa, then you also need to be enrolled in a full time course of study. 20 hours a week of studies is considered to be full time.

We work closely with a partner Spanish school in Cadiz to provide you with a Spanish course which meets the requirements of the Spanish consulate in order to apply for the long-term student visa. This would be taken after your Trinity CertTESOL course.

Total: 80 hours (20 hours per week)

Intensive Spanish course fee: From €760 per month

Example for a long-term student visa application:

Trinity CertTESOL course: €1400

6-month intensive Spanish course: €4560

Total course fee (7 months total): €5960

How can we help you?

Teresa will guide you through the visa process step-by-step and ensure that the process is streamlined and stress-free. This includes:

Before you arrive:

  • Guidance to apply for a student visa
  • Enrollment letter required for the visa application
  • Fast replies and unlimited support through email or Skype/phone chats

Once in Spain:

  • Access to the Careers Service to help you find work locally.

What do I need to provide for my student visa?

Generally speaking, the Spanish consulate requires the following:

  • Visa application form
  • passport-type photos
  • valid passport and ID card
  • letter of acceptance from the school
  • full payment of your courses
  • evidence of sufficient funds for the length of your stay
  • proof of international health insurance
  • payment of visa application fee
  • a medical certificate and criminal background check (for long-term student visas only)

Visa service fee: €0
Our visa service is free of charge.

If you are thinking about coming to Cádiz to take our Trinity CertTESOL, one of our teacher development courses or a Spanish course with our local partners, get in touch to find out more about how we can help you obtain your visa or apply for a course.

Tim Thorp

Visa coordinator